|Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 3-years of experience delivering learning technologies for diverse constituents. (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Demonstrated experience identifying business requirements, developing implementation plans and budgets in support of technical integrations.
* Demonstrated experience contributing to the development of strategic visions for a complex, technical ecosystem.
* Polished writing and presentation skills, demonstrating initiative and organizational ability within a complex organizational environment, with the ability to analysis, summarize, and present information to diverse audiences.
* Demonstrated experience leading and implementing large-scale IT infrastructure or tool adoption initiatives.
* Demonstrated experience developing successful partnerships and collaborative efforts with other team/service leaders, partners, and vendors.
* Experience in change management (technical and organizational) that demonstrates the ability to evaluate proposed changes for their benefits and risks related to service delivery and team collaboration.
* Minimum 5 years higher education experience working with enterprise learning technologies.
* Experience with creating and managing complex service and/or initiative budgets.
* Experience with instructional design and/or direct instructional support.
* Demonstrated experience adopting cloud services and/or managing their implementation.
* Experience with architectural thinking and/or Design Thinking.
* Demonstrated experience with technical project management.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) team members are part of an exciting and dynamic work environment that builds on organizational principles such as family and personal life/work balance; an inclusive, respectful and supportive work environment; professional development opportunities; alignment with the campus's teaching, learning, and research mission; collaboration; and innovation. DoIT Academic Technology (AT) consists of over 90 dynamic professionals that design, develop and evaluate technology-enhanced learning experiences for today's learners. (https://at.doit.wisc.edu/) The Service Leader is a member of the Learner Digital Ecosystem (LDE) service in AT's Learning Solutions group, which is tasked with developing, managing and supporting integrations and infrastructure within the campus digital learning environment.
The LDE Service Leader will collaborate with sponsors, governance and technical stakeholders to identify, define and pursue the implementation of key integrations and/or extended functionality within campus' digital learning environment; develop expertise and fluency with higher-order learning technology tools and platforms (e.g. learning management systems, learning analytics, learning object repositories, learner record stores), with an emphasis on extensibility and integration capabilities; offer guidance and strategy to campus partners looking to integrate their systems and tools with the ecosystem; collaborate closely with the Assistant Director for Learning Solutions to establish a long-term roadmap for the digital learning environment, and develop strategies for implementation; coordinate and facilitate interactions with appropriate infrastructure and development services on campus in support of LDE initiatives; participate in (and, in some cases, lead) working, advisory and governance groups along with campus partners, focused on integrations within the digital learning environment; develop strategies for evaluation and adoption of new tools and infrastructure for the digital learning environment; coordinate infrastructure and application development activities in and around the ecosystem; work with campus leaders, stakeholders and collaborators to establish priorities around integration and implementation efforts; engage with vendors, consortia, UW System and other sources of potential ecosystem innovations, provide input into product roadmaps and assessments of service offerings; evaluate tools and integration approaches, and make recommendations for appropriate implementations; work closely with the Learn@UW-Madison service to support customer and partner integration needs.
This position is also part of the DolT AT service leaders group and, and will have the opportunity to be involved in service and committee work at the departmental, campus, and University of Wisconsin system level.