|Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required, preference for a degree from the following areas: technology training, human resources development, education, or a related field
|Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 6 months of experience working with a learner management system or content management system as an administrator, IT support, trainer, or instructional designer.
* Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to balance priorities, manage deadlines, and react to project adjustments efficiently.
* 1 year of experience working with a learner management system as either an administrator, IT support, trainer, or instructional designer.
* 6 months of experience providing training, instructional technology, or IT support in an educational, IT, or corporate environment.
* Experience with HTML/CSS.
* Experience with multimedia programs (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Pressbooks).
* Experience providing instructional technology consulting and support, particularly with a learning management system in a higher education, training or related setting.
* Awareness of current issues regarding higher education, blended and online learning; learning technologies; intellectual property and copyright as it relates to this position.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, all UW campuses, and the UW System and other agencies, employing approximately 600 people and operating with a budget of approximately $100 million. DoIT team members are part of an exciting and dynamic work environment that builds on organizational principles such as family and personal life/work balance; an inclusive, respectful and supportive work environment; alignment with the University of Wisconsin System's (UWS) teaching, learning, and research mission; collaboration; and innovation. For more information, please see our website: https://it.wisc.edu/about/division-of-information-technology/. This position is located within the Learning Technology and Distance Education (LTDE) unit in the department of Academic Technology (DoIT AT), and reports to the Learner Experience: Training & Support Service Leader Supervisor.
DoIT Academic Technology is comprised of approximately 90 professional staff in three groups: Learning Technology & Distance Education, Learning Solutions, and IT Pre-College Outreach. DoIT Academic Technology advances the University's mission, strategic priorities, and the Wisconsin Idea by wisely applying technology to current and future academic environments. Through collaboration and partnerships, with a commitment to service and innovation, we bridge technologies, people, and day-to-day work practices to enable 21st Century digital literacy, manage our resources and evaluate our practices.
The person in this position will serve as part of a team that designs, develops, implements, and evaluates learning experiences and training for University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty and instructional staff, directly supporting the transition to a new enterprise teaching and learning tool-the Instructure Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). This position interacts directly with faculty and instructional staff, providing a variety of just-in-time and in-depth face-to-face, blended, and online learning experiences.
The Canvas Migration Specialist will focus on migrating courses from the Desire2Learn LMS, Moodle LMS, or other learning management system to a new Canvas LMS. The Canvas Migration Specialist will participate in Canvas Consultant team meetings to keep up to date on the project progress and learn about evolving features and enhancements that are rolled out. The person in this position will handle challenging courses to migrate and problem-solve along the way. Courses will include a variety of content assets from Kaltura videos to Captivate case scenarios. The Consultant will also migrate content to other third-party tools that integrate with the Canvas LMS.