Job no: 96705-AS
Work type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department:SMPH/FAMILY MED/INFO SYS
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
|Position Vacancy ID:
SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
A532002-MEDICAL SCHOOL/FAMILY MED/INFO SYS
50% - 100%
|Anticipated Begin Date:
DECEMBER 22, 2018
This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 Maximum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelors degree preferred not required.
|Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- At least three years experience managing Linux-based operating systems, as well as support and administrative experience.
- Experience managing, testing and applying updates to production Linux systems.
- Knowledge of virtualization of Linux-based systems.
-Experience managing backups of large systems.
- Experience with web proxy systems (Nginx preferred).
- Understanding of basic system security models.
- Experience with LDAP, DNS, SSL and Linux-based firewalls.
- Solid understanding of basic network structures and operation.
- Experience managing the back-end administration of a WordPress environment (Please provide up to three urls with your application).
- Experience programming in the PHP language.
- Experience managing SQL databases (MySQL and Postgres).
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and accurately.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Can follow a given task from start to finish.
- Experience in reporting on a project's progress.
- Create and update documents on operation, configs and procedures.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI.
- Provide technical guidance, recommendations, and resolutions.
- Experience with SSH management and configuration.
- Experience integrating xml, json into web apps.
- Comfortable with formal change management and software version control procedures.
- At least 2 years of PHP development experience.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting WordPress plugins.
- Advanced experience with Linux administration including security, tuning, performance monitoring and database optimization.
- Two to three years experience managing SQL databases (MySQL and Postgres).
- Two to three years experience with Linux-based monitoring/management tools such as Graylog.
- Experience working with little supervision.
- Experience in YAML, Python and shell.
- Configuration management (Ansible).
- Hands-on experience with RAID/iSCSI/InfiniBand.
- Experience with Apache/MySQL/OpenLDAP.
|License or Certificate:
The Information Specialist will perform system administration for the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) and will identify, propose, develop, implement, and support mission-critical systems and hardware platforms. This position will maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable computing and programming technologies needed to meet the changing needs of faculty, researchers and staff.
This position will provide hardware, operating system and infrastructure support for Linux servers used for research databases (Oracle and MySQL), and will support the back-end infrastructure of the department?s WordPress systems. In addition, the position will perform day-to-day software and hardware installation, maintenance and upgrade tasks, and other advanced computer and programming-related duties as required and will insure the security of servers and confidential research data and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
As a member of the Information Technology Systems group, the position will participate in information technology policy development and long and short-range planning.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end it itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage application from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
|Instructions to Applicants:
To begin the application process, please click on the Apply Now button. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume briefly describing your qualifications as they pertain to this position.
||Full Position Details
||NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
||The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Standard Time
Applications Close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend