|Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required in computer science or related field. Proven experience developing, maintaining, and integrating application solutions such as CRM, LMS, and CMS.
|Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Required experience 3-5 years of the following:
1. High level of proficiency in the design and development of full stack applications utilizing Microsoft .NET technologies and SQL Server backend. Thorough knowledge of C#.NET, ASP.Net Core, ASP.MVC, and Microsoft Entity Framework as well as experience interfacing with one or more databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, or Oracle.
2. Demonstrated understanding of software development best practices: secure coding practices, encryption technologies, source code control with Git, common design patterns, code refactoring and re-use, application scalability, and maintainability.
3. Software testing expertise including unit testing, regression testing, system testing, load testing, and use of automated testing tools.
4. Collaborative approach to problem solving. Excellent communication, customer service, teamwork and issue resolution skills.
5. Knowledge of HTML5, Java Script, JQuery, CSS/CSS 3.0, and Angular.
1. Experience with single-sign-on solutions such as OpenIDConnect and IdentityServer4.
2. Experience with loading data into databases (ETL), creating complex queries, and building data warehouses.
3. Proficiency in turning data into actionable information through reporting and data visualization.
The Wisconsin Center for Education Research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is home to the WIDA project (wida.wisc.edu), a leader in the development of products and services intended to support the needs of English language learners (ELLs) and their educators. The successful candidate will work in the WIDA Information Technology Department reporting to the Assistant Technology Director. This position is for a .NET web application developer with a solid software development background, demonstrated ability to integrate applications through Web APIs, and a passion for leveraging cutting-edge technology to address user needs. The individual will initially focus on development efforts in the WIDA Secure Portal, which acts as the hub for access to WIDA online product offerings, as well as other custom software development and solutions integration to support WIDA operations.
Given the scope of work for this role, it is required that the candidate selected for this position live in or relocate to the Madison area. Visit https://madison.wisc.edu/ for more information on what Madison has to offer.
WIDA has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself and as a valuable means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
|Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Dan Machmeier, current resume, and a document with the names and contact information of three professional references.