The Transportation Services (TS), Information Technology (IT) group is a service organization focused on designing, supporting, and managing the critical IT systems that support a wide variety of transportation solutions offered to campus. The TS IT group is responsible for several critical systems, applications, and tools including the Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS), which utilizes two vendors - T2 and Skidata, a help desk ticket management system, and other websites and applications supporting the transportation solutions.
The PARCS IT Analyst will be responsible for data management (how we gather data, how we store it, how we can integrate it, how the business uses it, how we can develop useful reports, etc.) within the department. Additionally, they will also engage stakeholders to gather requirements for process improvement efforts, new projects, software upgrades, etc. to ensure our IT systems are meeting their business needs. The PARCS IT Analyst will join the IT team, alongside another IT Analyst and an IT Engineer, that supports the systems that ensure thousands of people can come and go from the University every single day. The team does this by applying creative technology-driven solutions to complex problems, increasing efficiency, and focusing on delivering outstanding customer service.
This position functions under the general supervision of Assistant Director of Parking Technology.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in information technology/systems, computer science, business, or related field is preferred.
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency troubleshooting complex IT issues to resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2-5 years of professional experience with SQL database programming
- Demonstrated experience using advanced Microsoft Excel functions (e.g. pivot tables, advanced formulas, custom macros, automation)
- Demonstrated experience with database reporting tools (e.g. Crystal Reports)
- Demonstrated experience doing business analysis (e.g. gathering functional requirements, developing use cases, process mapping, testing)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
- Experience with parking management applications (e.g. T2, Skidata) or other business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing System)
- Familiarity and/or experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
- Demonstrated experience performing application administration duties (e.g. account management, software upgrades, testing, documentation, training)
A718302-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/TRANS SERV/INFO TECH
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $51,292 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. To apply for this position you will need to upload a resume and cover letter. We will also require contact information for three professional references, one of which must be your current supervisor. We will not contact your current supervisor without advance notice.
A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to this position including your work experience in the following, if applicable:
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience using advanced Excel functions and other data analysis tools
- Experience in customer service
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )