TECHNICAL INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Job no: 229990-AS
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Department:DOIT/SYS SRVCS/FINANCIAL APPS
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
This position supports UW System Administration and UW-Madison as part of the Shared Financial System team. Areas of focus beyond SFS include the Jaggaer implementation (Shop at UW+/Procure to Pay-P2P), the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP), Informatica Cloud, other interoperability technologies and corresponding interfaced systems.
This position is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered integrations that are successfully tested and deployed into application systems. The position interfaces with internal and external customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements. This position is responsible for assisting in design, architecture, and coordination of testing security components while ensuring security standards meet strategy goals.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience with PeopleSoft or ERP development (Minimum 7 years to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively when appropriate; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing styles to situations or presents numerical data effectively.
* Analyzes quality metrics and implements an agile, continuous improvement model for security.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with PeopleSoft or ERP and integrations.
* Project Management Skills: able to coordinate many different project tasks (determines relative importance of each; prioritizes and plans work activities; sets appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly); effectively manage time and resources; sets goals and objectives.
* Leadership Skills: inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; works well with all implementation team members.
* Teamwork skills: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' view; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports every team member's effort to success; ability to obtain resolution by team consensus when differences in business processes are discussed.
* Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, including PeopleTools
* Experience with PeopleSoft Security and role permissions
* Experience with Cloud ERP systems
* Experience architecting large enterprise systems
* Leadership or project management experience in enterprise technology environment.
* Business Analysis experience
Salary Range Note: Technical Integration Engineer minimum salary $85,000 and Senior Technical Integration Engineer minimum salary $95,000, candidate's qualifications also help determine salary.
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position; successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
The candidate selected for this position will initially work remotely subject to an approved telecommuting agreement. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work on an employer provided computer. In the future, this position could work remotely, but a future telecommuting could be discussed in accordance with policy and subject to approval. Candidate may, on occasion, be required to report to campus due to operational needs for meetings, trainings, or other activities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning database and applications within the UW organization.
* Knowledge of complex business/transaction processing at the UW System and campus level, and experience working within the UW organization.
A062530-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SYS SRVCS/FINANCIAL APPS
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed above.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
||The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) Project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Fall 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Standard Time
Applications Close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend