The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join their exceptional team!
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
|About the Job:
Programmer Analyst - Health Sciences Research (HS079)
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, Information Systems, Accounting, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Quality Management, Finance, or other related field.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in an analytic role, preferably in a health-related field, demonstrated analytic skill, ability to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze business or clinical workflows and how they relate to the storage of data; demonstrated experience in extracting knowledge and driving action from large, complex datasets and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to provide on-the-spot consulting and data insight.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced code development in SQL, SAS, or similar database querying tools required; proficiency with Excel; proficiency with inferential statistical methods.
- Experience in Healthcare Administration, Business, or Planning in an academic environment.
- Epic certification, especially Clarity.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and the ability to effectively utilize software applications including spreadsheet development, database development and management, query tools, report writers, and presentation software.
- Strong technical, data handling and interpretive skills; ability to leverage Care Management systems and databases in creative ways to maximum advantage.
- Effective interpersonal relations skills promoting teamwork and collaborative alliances.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of clinical practice patterns and care delivery; the ability to understand the clinician perspective.
- Substantial knowledge of the care management environment, operations, and / or economics from a provider perspective.
- Understanding of the business of healthcare, and ability to construct basic financial models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills with the ability to share data analysis findings in an understandable way to a variety of stakeholders, including non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated, effective project management and coordination skills.
Please be aware that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their continuous eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment. This position is an ongoing position that will require continuous work eligibility.
Full or Part Time: 80% - 100%
This position requires some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
ANNUAL (12 months)
|Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to upload a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional/supervisor references as a part of the application process. References will not be contacted without prior notice. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum/preferred qualifications for the position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )