The Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is an enterprise-wide project led by UW System and UW-Madison that will implement a modern Workday enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and a Huron Research Suite 9.2 solution (Research Administration Management Project or RAMP) to manage financial, human resource and research administration activities. ATP is based on a people first approach to ensure decision makers, employees and stakeholders benefit from improved processes, efficiencies, consistency, and transparency.
ATP established a timeline to deploy the Workday ERP solution and RAMP at every campus on July 1, 2024. Deployment on this date will provide less disruption and a higher likelihood of success compared to deploying at the beginning of a state biennium (e.g., July 1, 2025) when new appropriations and laws are simultaneously enacted. Further, ATP determined that a 30-month project period (beginning January 1, 2022) is in line with other successful implementations.
The Director is responsible for the successful multi-year Workday and RAMP delivery. The scope of the program includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Finance Management, Human Capital Management, and Grants/Awards Management.
In this role, the Director will provide the necessary leadership for the creation and design of the detailed ERP systems solutions architecture and implementation. He/she will supervise integrated solution design, configuration and development tasks that include not only the technology architecture but also the related business processes and information management required for the design and roll out to be successful.
This requires strong leadership of both internal University of Wisconsin staff and external implementation partners. This position is responsible for the implementation of standardized business processes across all UW institutions and ensuring that they are maintained and adhered to consistently.
The individual will work in collaboration with current IT and Business Leadership to manage both functional specific work streams as well as establish and maintain an integrated approach that ensures all functional areas work seamlessly together.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - Administration Transformation Program (ATP), with day-to-day collaboration with the ERP Project Managers and strategy leads. The position will also work closely with consultants from the integration partner Huron, Workday resources, QA partners, and the functional Business Owners.
||Develops and directs the implementation of strategic plans for enterprise information technology (IT) function(s), program(s), or service(s) to ensure resources are utilized and to provide effective information technology services. Typically manages enterprise IT services, serving the institution(s) through subordinate managers.
- 25% Directsstrategic information technology planning initiatives and establishes objectives to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, and staffing resources in alignment with the strategic plan
- 10% Develops operating policies and procedures to comply with regulations, institutional policies, and objectives
- 20% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 20% Serves as the primary liaison representing the interests to internal and external stakeholders for enterprise IT services
- 20% Advisesinstitutional or divisional leadership on enterprise information technology operations and business models
- 5% May perform manager functions through subordinate managers
- Drive a coordinated approach to ERP-related business process changes and technical system integration across all related ERP workstreams to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Coordinate the contributions of external consultants, business functional strategy leads, project management lead, as well as business and IT leaders and field SMEs from Finance, HR, and RAMP as well as other stakeholders of UW System.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leading edge-thinking on trends, methodologies, tools, and techniques that will be useful to ERP program activities and UW System as a whole.
- Serve as ERP Solution Architect: Understand business drivers & business capabilities (current & future state), determine corresponding ERP solution cross functional architecture design and change requirements to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Partner with the Application Group for integration with other solutions and the Data Architecture.
- Own and Oversee Technical Configuration Work: Ensure ERP design and configuration work is being conducted based on a well-developed ERP solutions architecture and a detailed set of business, functional and technical requirements.
- Manage and resolve complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or procedures, escalating decisions as appropriate to IT and Business Leadership as needed.
- Support & prepare for ERP Steering Committee Meetings. Attend Business Owner Meetings & ensure efficiency of ERP decision-making process.
- Works as a part of the ATP leadership team on the ERP direction, assuring process, people & technology alignment.
- Oversee ERP Deployment Planning and Rollout: Work with the Core Team, IT, Business Leadership and implementation vendors to create a comprehensive ERP deployment and campus rollout strategy and plan.
- Provide Technical and Functional Leadership of the ERP Core Team: Coach, mentor, and influence Technical and Business Core Team members.
- Ensure domain-specific project management tasks for the ERP program are being effectively conducted.
- Provide ERP implementation cross-functional activities oversight.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Experience / Education Requirements:
1. Ten years of work experience, or equivalent education experience related to ERP systems implementation and operations, with clear demonstration of progressive achievement and growth in ERP program management experience.
2. Previous management consulting experience delivering increasingly complex ERP systems implementations preferred.
3. Successfully led at least two large, complex, full-lifecycle ERP implementations.
4. Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
5. Project and/or program management certification and/or lean process improvement (i.e., Six Sigma) certification preferred but not required.
Skills / Competencies:
1. Ability to develop strong partnership with the business community. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community.
2. Drives operational efficiency and identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes within the scope of ERP needed to achieve successful business results.
3. Analyzes, maps and documents process and develops a framework for process standardization and improvement.
4. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level.
5. Ability to lead and direct ERP Core Team members in line with the goals of the ARP program. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, results orientation, and collaboration amongst the team.
Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, particularly in cross-functional teams across multiple lines of workstreams, business, over whom there may be no direct authority.
6 Experience using project management software tools, such as MS Project, smartsheet, and testing tools, to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control program activities.
7. Excellent track record of applying program management principles, practices and techniques with a strong results orientation.
8. Takes calculated risks to achieve desired results.
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $129,000 Maximum $239,600 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
The Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is hiring for multiple vacancies across transformation areas (Finance, Human Resources, Research Administration, and Information Technology). By applying to this position, applicants may be considered for vacancies in all transformation areas. Current job opportunities with ATP can be found here: https://atp.wisconsin.edu/join-the-team/.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
|How to Apply:
To begin the application process, click the "apply now" button. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your related work experience and professional background to the qualifications and duties in this job description.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )