The Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin - Madison, School of Medicine & Public Health is seeking a Medical Program Assistant to provide direct support to faculty and fellows. This position will be responsible for the coordination of complex daily clinical, academic, and administrative activities, as well as the coordination and organization of the faculty's communications, meeting planning, and travel.
The successful applicant will be able to work collaboratively to provide support to faculty in areas of clinical, research and teaching.
SMPH is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
||Performs administrative duties to support providers, staff, services, and unit programs. May serve as the primary contact or customer service representative and subject matter expert. Tracks, prioritizes, organizes, and completes multiple ongoing clinical, research or academic projects. Requires Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) knowledge or training.
- 40% Performs administrative tasks including telephone customer service, word processing, transcribing, filing, and calendaring
- 10% Acts as the primary liaison for providers or programs and refers stakeholders to providers, agencies, patients, and staff
- 30% Assists in coordinating the complex daily activities of providers or program(s) by entering information into databases, maintaining files and materials, and preparing reports
- 10% Serves as the primary contact and subject matter expert for specified program policies and procedures
- 10% Schedules logistics and secures or distributes resources for program meetings, department events, conferences, and travel
- Perform Administrative Requests
- Maintain Faculty Calendar
- Schedule Virtual/In-Person Meetings, and Take Notes as Needed
- Inform/Approve Faculty Timesheets
- Update Faculty CV
- Maintain Faculty Publications Profile
- Coordinate Faculty Reimbursements
- Create Faculty Clinical Schedule Including Assigned Meetings
- Update Call Schedule in Paging
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar software
- Excellent interpersonal, human relations, verbal and written communication skills. Courteous, responsive, and service oriented.
- Ability to work cooperatively to coordinate multiple projects and demonstrate independent decision-making.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of protected health information
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Providing administrative support including scheduling and calendar management
- Knowledge of and experience with UW Health and School of Medicine and Public Health policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of HIPPA
- Transcription skills.
Hours are flexible - Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 4:30.
Full or Part Time: 80% - 100%
This position may require some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $20.00 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Hourly wage is negotiable and will be based off of skills and experience. In addition, employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurances and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.
The selected candidate will be required to pass an initial criminal and/or caregiver background check.
|How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter as a part of the application process. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum/preferred qualifications for the position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.