The UW-Madison General Library System's Library Systems and Infrastructure Group is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and security of the Libraries' servers and associated virtual and physical infrastructure which support library services.
The DevOps Engineer I will help deploy, manage, and support the virtual and physical infrastructure; create and maintain documentation; develop and support the automation of system configuration; and participate in exploring new technologies.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
||Assists in the design, integration, delivery, and provides basic and routine consultation, project management, and operational support of applications or services, development operations (DevOps), through automated delivery. Provides day-to-day maintenance to ensure subsystems and infrastructure function together and business needs are met.
- 15% Assists with the development, programming, and deployment of automation workflows for deployment, configuration, and/or monitoring of systems/services
- 50% Manages and maintains automation tools and infrastructure, including security configurations
- 15% Assists with the integration, migration, configuration, and security of existing applications and services into automated infrastructures
- 5% Assists with investigations of cybersecurity issues, applying cybersecurity best practices to services and infrastructure, and developing procedures and training for daily security systems' administrative tasks
- 5% Assists with configuring, consulting, and testing cybersecurity network security services and tools, and developing, testing, and implementing processes and services for network security
- 10% Create and maintain documentation pertaining to systems workflows
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
-Familiarity with scripting and scripting languages
-Experience working with Linux based systems
-Experience with Linux operating system maintenance: networking, package management
-Familiarity with software version control
-Familiarity with provisioning tools, e.g. ansible, puppet, terraform
-Experience working in customer service or technology support
-Demonstrated problem-solving skills
-Demonstrated ability to learn a new skill
-Effective communication, organization, and documentation skills; ability to manage shifting priorities and to work as a key member of a team
Full Time: 100%
Schedule: Regular office hours with occasional evening or weekend work.
Both positions are fully remote (central time zone).
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e., a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
|How to Apply:
A cover letter and resume are required. Contact Melissa Ortiz (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. All applications must be submitted through the Jobs at UW applicant system. Click on `Apply Now' to submit your materials.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.