WIDA MARKETING SPECIALIST
Job no: 99729-AS
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Broadcasting, Media, Marketing, Public Relations
WIDA, an organization within the University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin Center for Education Research, provides trusted tools and resources for educators of multilingual learners pre-K through Grade 12 (wida.wisc.edu). WIDA offers a fully integrated, research-based academic language development system, including language standards, assessments, professional learning, research and technical assistance. Reporting to the marketing director, this position will work within the marketing team to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns, leveraging marketing channels to achieve organization goals.
Given the scope of work for this role, it is required that the selected candidate live in or relocate to the Madison area (working remotely is not an option). Visit https://madison.wisc.edu/ for more information on what Madison has to offer.
WIDA has a deep and profound commitment to linguistic and cultural diversity both as an end in itself and as a valuable means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or similar field.
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in marketing/marketing communication, developing and executing strategic marketing campaigns across multiple vehicles.
* Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills; proven ability to communicate in a timely, effective manner with external and internal clients.
* Ability to create and edit communications for consistency, accuracy and plain language.
* Ability to work individually and in a collaborative team environment, managing multiple projects with attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
* Ability to navigate complex organizational structure, including ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Understanding of and ability to work within brand and communication guidelines.
* Proven strong creative judgement.
* Experience conceptualizing and applying customer segmentation strategies for marketing campaigns.
* Experience developing and delivering relevant data-driven reports that yield insights regarding marketing effectiveness.
* Action oriented, self-starter - takes ownership of tasks and completes them in a timely manner, with strong attention to detail.
* Prior experience and/or knowledge of preK - 12 education.
* Experience working with direct email marketing campaigns, list segmentation and selection.
* Experience with third-party e-marketing platforms such as Eloqua, Salesforce, Constant Contact, or comparable products.
* Some marketing research (qualitative and/or quantitative) experience.
A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $35,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Heather Buettner, current resume and a reference list with the names and contact information of at least three professional references. Please include your current or most recent supervisor.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
SR MARKETING SPEC(S74BN) or MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN) or ASSOC MARKETING SPEC(S74FN)
||The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://oed.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Daylight Time
Applications Close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend