PROFESSIONAL LEARNING SPECIALIST
Job no: 100425-AS
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Broadcasting, Media, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Training, Employee Development
WIDA, an organization within the University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin Center for Education Research, is a national leader in the development of preK-12 English Language Development standards and assessments (wida.wisc.edu). The organization is also committed to bilingual development which currently includes preK-12 Spanish Language Development (SLD) Standards and professional learning opportunities. This position is located in the Professional Learning Department, which designs and delivers innovative professional development opportunities related to the implementation of the WIDA standards and assessment products.
While it is preferred that the selected candidate live in or relocate to the Madison area, remote appointment is a viable option. Visit https://madison.wisc.edu/ for more information on what Madison has to offer.
WIDA has a deep and profound commitment to diversity and social equity both as a goal and as a valuable means to support educators working with Multilingual Learners and to ensure student success. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred in education or related field.
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
* Teaching experience in preK-12 environments.
* ESL and/or Bilingual Education license or endorsement.
* Experience administering a variety of assessments at the classroom level.
* Experience in the development and delivery of professional development related to multilingual learners, including English Language Learners.
* Ability to travel approximately 60%.
Relevant Work Experience:
* Experience providing professional development support to different audiences in a variety of educational contexts, including teachers, administrators and other educational leaders.
* Experience creating, developing and revising materials and resources used to support the professional development of educators.
* Experience collaborating, co-planning and co-facilitating with other staff; ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve with colleagues and supervisors.
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to organize and display information to suit the needs of diverse audiences; ability to work independently and manage work load to meet outside deadlines and expectations.
* Experience coordinating training sessions, including planning and executing training.
* Experience with web-based technologies including Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; online training including WebEx, Web casts, and Two-Way video; and distance learning platforms including CANVAS and Moodle.
* Experience using, implementing and/or delivering standards and assessments; deep knowledge of WIDA products and resources and ability to discuss their relationship to educational practice in preK-12 environments, preferred.
* Bilingual proficiency, especially in Spanish/English, preferred.
* Actively seeking candidates with previous professional experiences in one or more of the following areas: K-12 Spanish/English bilingual and/or dual language education; 6-12 Science or Math education; or Instructional coach and/or school leadership.
This position may be made renewable pending additional funding.
A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Terminal, 24 month appointment.
This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Justine Kolb, current resume and a reference list with the contact information of at least three professional references. Please include your current or most recent supervisor.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
SR OUTREACH SPEC(S92BN) or OUTREACH SPECIALIST(S92DN)
||The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://oed.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Daylight Time
Applications Close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend