Our Wisconsin School of Business Employer Engagement Team is focused on building relationships with employers, students and alumni and guiding our external partners as they seek to successfully recruit and hire talent. Additional responsibilities supporting the Undergraduate Program are also part of this role. Ideal candidates will exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills, a desire to participate in a team setting, and cultural competency in working effectively with a diverse group of students and staff.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
A minimum of 1-3 years of post-graduation professional work experience is preferred, preferably in event management and communications, relationship management, customer service, career services or corporate recruiting.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to creating an inclusive environment in which the value of each person?s identity, culture, background, experience, status, and abilities are recognized, supported, and respected
-A strong desire to build relationships with students, employers, alumni, WSB/campus colleagues, and academic departments
- Experience providing exemplary customer service to clients and prospective clients
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills to communicate with stakeholders including team members, corporate representatives, career coaches, campus partners and students
- Experience working on cross-functional, collaborative teams
- Demonstrate a solutions-oriented approach to addressing questions, concerns and problem solving
- Professional and respectful approach to their work and interactions with others
- Strong technical skills, familiarity with Excel; database software, recruiting software
- Openness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends as necessary)
- Lifelong learning mindset and a commitment to stay on the cutting edge of career services knowledge, trends and research
|Instructions to Applicants:
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Please complete the online application. You will be asked to provide a cover letter addressing your qualifications and experiences specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position and a comprehensive resume. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.