Job no: 101295-AS
Work type: Staff-Part Time
Location: Prairie du Chien
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Food Science, Nutritional Science
The Nutrition Educator is a member of the Crawford, Richland and Vernon County FoodWIse team. Nutrition Educators are peer educators who support and empower people to adopt healthy food and physical activity habits. Education topics include:
- basic nutrition
- low impact physical activity
- food safety
- food budgeting
FoodWIse is federally funded by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed) and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) grants.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
- High school graduate or equivalent
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Ability to teach interactive lessons to children and/or adults in group settings
- Work, volunteer or life experience with people or groups with limited income
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology
- Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Volunteer or work experience related to food and nutrition education
- Spanish speaking, writing and comprehension skills; knowledge of Hispanic/Latino culture
- Ability to teach and communicate effectively with youth and adults by speaking, writing, and with technology
- Experience working effectively as a member of a work group or committee
- Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality work
- Ability to work cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional work environments
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and success in working with a diverse range of individuals, groups, and organizations
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Crawford County Extension office
225 N Beaumont Rd # 240, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
This position is located in Crawford. Location and programming coverage are contingent on continued availability of federal funds. Location may be reassigned to align with funder and Extension programming priorities.
- Must be able to assume daily travel in the area served and occasional travel within the state
- Must be able to make individual arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as needed to meet local needs
- Must be able to transport teaching materials, up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to participate in low impact physical activity exercises (dependent on local program delivery)
Part Time: 90%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $33,400 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To begin the application process, click the Apply Now button.
You will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume addressing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications and duties in this job description.
As applicants move on to next steps in the process, they will be asked to provide names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address) of at least three references.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
SENIOR EXTENSION SPECIALIST(R09BN) or EXTENSION SPECIALIST(R09DN) or ASSOC EXTENSION SPECIALIST(R09FN)
||The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Standard Time
Applications Close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend