The Natural Resources Extension Educator serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts that support:
- Thriving individuals and families
- Effective organizations
- Healthy and vibrant communities
- Strong economies
This position will have a primary program affiliation in the Land and Water Program within the Natural Resources Institute.
This Natural Resources Extension Educator position will primarily serve Southwest Wisconsin, but may serve stakeholders and colleagues anywhere in the state.
The Natural Resources Extension Educator designs, promotes, administers, and supports outreach activities, community engagement, and educational programming. Develops partnerships and builds strong relationships utilizing interdisciplinary skills. Initial programming focus will include:
- supporting ongoing efforts to reach woodland owners with no previous management experience
- supporting partnership efforts to create and implement an information and outreach strategy to reach the identified woodland owner audiences
- working with the Regional Natural Resource Educators to fulfill funding partners requirements around outreach and education
- facilitating working sessions where local citizens and community decision-makers weigh alternative natural resources conservation strategies
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
- Bachelor's degreein a field that relates to the responsibilities of this position, including, but not limited to natural resource management or forestry
- Master's degree in a field relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Work experience relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position
- Experience working in collaborative environment or using group facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology
- Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Ability to work cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations to address educational needs
- Experience planning, implementing, and/or evaluating community-based, non-formal, innovative educational programs related to natural resources
- Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality work
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting, utilizing, and applying evidence-based information and research findings
- Experience developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs for diverse audiences utilizing a variety of educational techniques, methods, and modes
Negotiable to options in Dane, Iowa, Sauk counties
- Must be able to make individual arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as needed
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A473250-EXTENSION/ANR/NR/RGN/REG NAT RES PR
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To begin the application process, click the Apply Now button.
You will be asked to provide a cover letter and professional resume that includes degree information addressing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications and duties in this job description.
As applicants move on to next steps in the process, they will be asked to provide names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address) of at least three references.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )