The Extension Specialist Veteran Reentry Support Specialist position assists in serving the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts.
This part-time terminal position is a part of the Youth, Family and Community Development - Extension Institute for Human Development and Relationships, under the supervision of the Extension Human Development and Relationships Educator in Pepin and Buffalo Counties, to accomplish specific projects and is funded through an Extension Innovation Grant.
This position reports directly to the Dunn County Veterans Service Office Director for daily accountability and the Human Development and Relationships Educator in Pepin and Buffalo Counties for overall project accountability.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
No Degree Required
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
1. Veteran and military service related experience, and knowledge of resources available to Veterans and those with military service;
2. Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
3. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional work environments;
4. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality work;
5. Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology; and
6. Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
1. Basic familiarity with justice systems and partners;
2. Demonstrated success in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs for diverse audiences utilizing a variety of educational techniques, methods, and modes; and
3. Demonstrated experience developing effective partnerships or coalitions with community partners and local governments.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Word, PPT, online and teleconferencing technologies.
1. Expected to make individual arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions;
2. Access to technologies that support phone and online meetings or teleconferencing will be provided;
3. Work evenings or weekends as needed to meet local needs; and
4. Carrying educational equipment, up to 25 lbs.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A473700-EXTENSION/YFCD/HDR/HUM DEV REL INST
Part Time: 35%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Terminal, 16 month appointment.
This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding
Minimum $34,067 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To begin the application process, click the Apply Now button.
You will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume addressing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications and duties in this job description.
As applicants move on to next steps in the process, they will be asked to provide names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address) of at least three references.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )