The Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) group, within UW-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is responsible for providing expert ERP System and Database Management Administration services to faculty, students, staff, and administrators throughout the UW System campuses. This position will work in a dynamic environment that is responsible for administration of highly complex database management system (DBMS) software, databases, and technology stack components including Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer platform. The database environments for which EBS is responsible are used by applications systems supporting the entire UW enterprise including providing centralized PeopleSoft as a Service (PSaaS) services.
* Develops components of data architectures and database management policies and standards
* Identifies and resolves basic and routine data issues and enforces database-use guidelines
* Installs, configures, maintains, backs up, restores, and performance-tunes databases
* Implements varied security measures to safeguard digital information according to established policies and procedures
* Monitors and analyzes database audit tables and logs and provides varied data warehousing support and data extraction
* Facilitates unit staff training opportunities in the effective utilization of databases
* Serves as a point of contact on database systems and procedures for existing projects and facilitates planning
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle database management system internals, commands, and basic database management tools including proficiency using RMAN and OEM. (Minimum 7 years to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Shows strong and positive interpersonal skills including written and oral communications and works well in a team.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with database management systems.
* Demonstrated experience with computer applications and systems programming principles, techniques, and capabilities, including application development tools and languages.
* Knowledge of computing environments and operating systems (for example, Linux or UNIX).
* Experience in multitenant (Container/Pluggable DBs) and RAC environments.
* Experience with installing and maintaining database management system software.
* Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service.
* Experience with Exadata platforms, preferably Cloud at Customer.
* Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning database and applications.
* Experience with system administration of Exadata platform.
* Training or experience with other RDBMS especially My SQL or MS SQL Server.
* Experience providing solutions with scripting and automation.
* Experience with Data Management practices and tools such as BI or data warehousing and reporting tools.
* Leadership or project management experience in enterprise technology environment.
* Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning database and applications within the UW organization.
* Knowledge of complex business/transaction processing at the UW System and campus level, and experience working within the UW organization.
Salary Range Note: Database Administrator minimum salary $85,000 and Senior Database Administrator minimum salary $95,000, candidate's qualifications also help determine salary.
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position; successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
Occasional non-standard hours of work are required for special projects and activities. On-call rotation is also required of this position.
The candidate selected for this position will initially work remotely subject to an approved telecommuting agreement. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work on an employer provided computer. In the future, this position could work remotely, but a future telecommuting could be discussed in accordance with policy and subject to approval. Candidate may, on occasion, be required to report to campus due to operational needs for meetings, trainings, or other activities.
A062505-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SYS SRVCS/ERP ADMIN
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $85,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed above.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )