The Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) group, within UW-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is responsible for providing expert ERP System and Database Management Administration services to faculty, students, staff, and administrators throughout the UW System campuses. This position will work in a dynamic environment that provides PeopleSoft infrastructure and operations support services supporting the entire UW enterprise, including providing centralized PeopleSoft as a Service (PSaaS) services.
* Troubleshoots hardware, software, and system problems that involve ERP system-wide functionality
* Plans, coordinates, and implements system-wide updates, upgrades, and patches for ERP systems
* Recommends and participates in the implementation of ERP system enhancements or changes that may involve custom design, optional, and third-party products
* Creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts to maintain ERP systems security through user profile management
* Designs, configures, monitors, and maintains performance metrics for system features and recommends and takes corrective/preventive actions
* Participates in the design, development, and implementation of test and production objects. Defines user requirements and performs configuration, change management, and testing activities
* Assists in serving as the liaison representing interests to internal and external stakeholders
* Assists management team by advising on enterprise information technology operations and business models
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
* Minimum 5 years demonstrating effective technical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications, with particular emphasis on Oracle PeopleSoft. (Minimum 7 years to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Excellent organizational, time-management, and decision-making skills.
* Experience with configuring and maintaining PeopleSoft ERP enterprise application software.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with application and database management system infrastructure.
* Superb written and oral communication skills, required for writing technical documentation and communicating with customers as well as team members.
* Strong interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective professional relationships.
* Proven ability to use collaboration tools effectively (WebEx, Box, etc.) and work as part of a team no matter team member locations.
* Strong Customer Service experience in PeopleSoft enterprise technology environments with emphasis on communication, technical documentation, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments.
* Experience as a PSAdmin with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Financials, or Human Capital Management (HCM).
* Experience with PeopleSoft DPK's, PUM, and Elastic Search technology.
* Experience with scripting PeopleSoft solutions (startup and shutdown scripts, monitoring scripts, notifications, etc.).
* Experience with integrating SAML authentication with PeopleSoft technology stack.
* Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning database and applications within the UW organization.
* Knowledge of complex business/transaction processing at the UW System and campus level, and experience working within the UW organization.
Salary Range Note: PeopleSoft System Administrator minimum salary $80,000 and Senior PeopleSoft System Administrator minimum salary $90,000, candidate's qualifications also help determine salary.
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position; successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
Occasional non-standard hours of work are required for special projects and activities. On-call rotation is also required of this position.
The candidate selected for this position will initially work remotely subject to an approved telecommuting agreement. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work on an employer provided computer. In the future, this position could work remotely, but a future telecommuting could be discussed in accordance with policy and subject to approval. Candidate may, on occasion, be required to report to campus due to operational needs for meetings, trainings, or other activities.
A062545-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SYS SRVCS/PS AS A SERVICE
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed above.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )