The Human Development & Relationships Extension Educator is an integral part of the UW-Madison Division of Extension and works alongside the people of Wisconsin to improve lives and communities. Extension serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts.
Our educators deliver education where people live and work on farms, in schools and communities. Extension educators also work with civic groups and local governments, write newspaper columns, conduct radio and TV programs, facilitate meetings and build coalitions to solve community problems. This is done through assessment of local, regional and statewide needs in the area of the positions programmatic emphasis and designing, delivering, and evaluating research-based educational programming and services to meet these needs.
This position is a part of the Division of Extension Human Development & Relationships Institute. The Extension Institute of Human Development & Relationships provides the tools Wisconsinites need to thrive as well-rounded, capable individuals and families. We support families in caring for each other in ways that promote growth and understanding. Our programs promote aging-friendly communities, coach effective parents and help families put technology, mindfulness and financial awareness to use.
This dynamic position has an emphasis in the Family Engagement and Relationships including:
3. Strengthening family relationships
4. Pre-Natal to five development and literacy
The ideal candidate is adept at building and maintaining trust-based relationships, engaging stakeholders and applying an equity lens towards transforming lives and communities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelors degree in a field relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position required. Masters Degree preferred.
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
1. At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the area of programming and service delivery;
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to positive and productive workplace relationships and effective partnerships;
3. Demonstrated use of problem-solving skills to successfully address complex issues;
4. Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology;
5. Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
6. Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality work;
1. Demonstrated skill in interpreting, utilizing, and applying evidence-based information and research findings;
2. Bilingual, especially with proficiency in both English and Spanish;
3. Understanding of the cultural, social and political history, issues and dynamics of Native American Tribal Nations;
4. Demonstrated success in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs for diverse audiences utilizing a variety of educational techniques, methods, and modes; and
5. Demonstrated experience developing effective partnerships or coalitions with community partners and local governments.
1. The primary accountability relationship for this position is the Area Extension Director Area 14 for supervision, compensation and benefits and performance reviews
2. This positions primary programming focus is in Marquette County; however, some programming will also be conducted over a broader geographical area.
3. Office location and programming coverage is contingent on county funding support and location may be reassigned to align with county and Extension programming priorities.
4. Expectation to make arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions;
5. Work evenings or weekends as needed to meet programming needs
6. Must be able to carry educational equipment, up to 25 lbs.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A473720-EXT/YFH/HDR/FAM ENGAGE & REL
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
To begin the application process, click the Apply Now button.
You will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume addressing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications and duties in this job description.
As applicants move on to next steps in the process, they will be asked to provide names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address) of at least three references.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Adam Hady (firstname.lastname@example.org) phone 608/403-1015.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )