This 100% FTE position will serve as the administrative leader across Adams, Green Lake, Juneau, Marquette & Waushara Counties, which comprise Area 14. The physical headquarter office location for this position will be flexible within Area 14. The Area Extension Director (AED) will require great cultural competency to work with diverse staff and clientele and have the political savvy required to work with rural counties, tribal nations, and multiple municipalities within the county to identify and assess new opportunities in programming, funding, and staffing. The AED provides leadership, direction, and support for UW-Madison Division of Extension (Extension) educational programming in Area 14 by building high-performing office teams of Extension educators and county support staff, and fosters an environment that is inclusive, trusting, respectful, and collegial. The AED is responsible for managing the resources for Extension by overseeing the Extension county budgets and budget allocations. Reporting to the Assistant Dean, the AED will work with county governments, tribal nations, municipalities, and partner organizations to ensure that the educational needs of local communities are met. The AED serves as the direct supervisor for programmatic Extension staff, and provides leadership in staff development and partnerships. The AED ensures compliance with affirmative action, equal employment opportunity and civil rights laws, regulations and policies while carrying out the primary duties.
List of Duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
|Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree Required
|Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
1. Two or more years of supervisory and/or management experience
2. Demonstrated supervisory and/or management abilities
3. Significant experience in coordinating, developing, or delivering community-based educational programs
4. Demonstrated experience resolving conflicts and disputes
5. Knowledge of budget management for a business, non-profit or governmental organization
6. Demonstrated success collaborating with partner organizations (e.g., government bodies, non-profits, corporate entities, municipalities, and tribal nations)
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate, direct, and lead effectively - orally, in writing, and through virtual communication technology (e.g. collaboration platforms, video conferencing, etc.)
8. Demonstrated experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
1. Five or more years of supervisory and/or management experience
2. Experience managing a budget for a business, non-profit, or government organization
3. Experience with and/or knowledge of county governments
4. Experience generating additional revenue from new or existing sources of funding
5. Experience identifying and prioritizing educational programmatic opportunities
6. Experience building strategic relationships and/or partnerships
7. Knowledge of the legacy of Cooperative Extension, as part of the U.S. system of land-grant institutions, dedicated to service in the public good
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A472930-EXTENSION/SOUTH/AREA 14 AED
Full Time: 100%
This position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $82,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Instructions to Applicants:
1. A current resume (or curriculum vitae)
2. A cover letter, not to be longer than 2 pages, should highlight your experience with supervising/managing others as well as highlighting your experience with the four principle duties of the position.
3. A list of references to include names, contact information, and organizational affiliation.
Please keep in mind, applicants need to articulate all required qualifications in their cover letter and/or resume. Applicants who have preferred qualifications should share those too in the cover letter and/or resume. The application reviewers will be relying on written application materials to determine who may advance to preliminary interviews.
We are committed to reducing bias in the recruitment process and utilize a redacted application process, which is the practice of removing personally identifiable information from application materials, before the screening of applicants begins. This may include, but is not limited to, name, gender, age, education, address, dates (such as graduation dates), photos, references, links to personal webpages, supervisor names, and/or citizenship.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Matt Hanson, Assistant Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )