Instructs and/or assists individuals and families engaged in various outreach programs. Delivers research-based educational programs to support and empower people where they live and work. Provides general support on public issues for the benefit of the community. Strives to expand and ensure access to programs, facilities, and educational services to diverse audiences.
|About the Job:
Outreach Associate (OE017)
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Bachelor's Degree or a High School Diploma with at least 2 years of relevant work or volunteer experience in the area of youth educational programming and service delivery
1. Experience teaching youth
2. Work, volunteer or life experience with people or groups with limited income
3. Experience effectively interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
4. Ability to work cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations to address educational needs
5. Skills to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology
1. Bi-lingual (Spanish)
2. Volunteer or work experience related to youth development
3. Experience working cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations
4. Experience in delivering educational programming to diverse audiences
5. Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality of work
6. Experience working effectively as a member of a work group or committee
1. The Outreach Associate is an employee of UW Madison Division of Extension the and a member of the Positive Youth Development Institute with a primary focus on Community Youth Development.
2. This position will primarily serve Sheboygan County, WI.
3. This position will report to the Area Extension Director of Fond du Lac, Ozaukee, Sheboygan & Washington Counties.
4. Expected to make individual arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions;
5. Work evenings or weekends as needed to meet local needs; and
6. Carrying educational equipment, up to 25 lbs.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A473820-EXTENSION/YFH/YTH/CYD/COMM YTH DEV
Part Time: 20%
This position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
ANNUAL (12 months)
|Instructions to Applicants:
We are eager to learn more about how your experience and passion may align with this position. Please submit a cover letter referring to your related work experience and a resume detailing your educational and professional background. Please keep in mind, applicants need to articulate all required qualifications in their cover letter and/or resume. Applicants who have preferred qualifications should share those too in the cover letter and/or resume. The application reviewers will be relying on written application materials to determine who may advance to preliminary interviews.
We are committed to reducing bias in the recruitment process and utilize a redacted application process, which is the practice of removing personally identifiable information from application materials, before the screening of applicants begins. This may include, but is not limited to, name, gender, age, education, address, dates (such as graduation dates), photos, references, links to personal webpages, supervisor names, and/or citizenship
Applicants are encouraged to reach out to hiring authority/supervisor, educators in similar roles and the program managers to gain more understanding of the position.
Cindy Sarkady - Area Extension Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Sanderson - Community Youth Development Educator - email@example.com
Joe Maldonado - Program Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )