A. Maintenance of all floor areas on a daily basis for a clean and sanitary condition and to preserve the quality of the floors by utilizing proper methods and materials.
A1. Sweep, clean, mop and sanitize all floors in Memorial Union halls, stairwells, and/or offices.
A2. Clean, mop and sanitize all floors in kitchen and dining areas on a regular basis.
A3. Operate auto scrubbers to clean floors.
A4. Move chairs, tables and equipment as required by the cleaning job.
A5. Clean and inspect equipment after use.
B. Performance of general building maintenance duties.
B1. Check areas or equipment to see if repairs or replacement is needed.
B2. Sort out trash handling containers and equipment to see if repairs or replacement is needed.
C.Assistance with health, safety and security at the Wisconsin Union.
C1. Follow all safety procedures and attend required health, safety and security trainings.
C2. Complete and stay up to date on required safety trainings.
C3. Communicate safety procedures and concerms to guests.
C4. Report needed equipment or building repairs.
C5. Report security violations and/or suspicious activity.
C6. Report building system malfunctions.
C7. Maintain integrity of issued keys and equipment.
C8. Report or take care of any hazardous situations immediately.
C9. In case of fire or other emergencies ensure safety of building occupants.
C10. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks, steps, and loading dock.
D. Performance of other related duties as assigned
D1. Demonstrate a commitment to the success of the Wisconsin Union.
D2. Promote respect and practice civility in the workplace.
D3. Provide effective customer service at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Ability to walk, stand, lift, carry, bend, stoop and climb stairs for the majority of the shift with or without an accommodation.
2. Ability to extend and/or raise arms to above head height daily with or without an accommodation.
3. Lift and move supplies, equipment and materials regularly weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasionally weighing up to 100 lbs with or without an accommodation.
4. Move, push and stack furniture regularly, often in excess of 100 lbs with or without an accommodation.
5. Safe operation of standard mechanical and/or electrical equipment, trash compactor and the use of ladders.
6. Effective oral and written communication skills.
7. Read and interpret diagrams and floor plans.
8. Floor care products, floor finishes and equipment .
9. Proper restroom sanitation procedures.
10. Safe handling and storage of cleaning chemicals and products.
11. Recycling guidelines.
12. Carpet cleaning products.
13. Safe storage of cleaning products and chemicals.
14. Basic maintenance of equipment, i.e. vacuums, scrubbers, etc.
15. The work is sometimes performed under stressful conditions depending on the level of customers activity in the building
such as that resulting from conferences, special events, seasonal activities and academic events.
16. The work environment requires that the incumbent communicate courteously, following customer service standards, to vendors, customers and coworkers, often under stressful circumstances. The work must be performed within time constraints, meeting delivery schedules and internal deadlines.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
-Ability to walk, stand, lift, carry, bend, stoop and climb for the majority of the shift, including extended periods of continuos physical activities with ot without an accommodation.
-Ability to lift and move supplies, equipment and material regularly up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs. with or without an accommodation.
-Ability to move, push and stack furniture regularly, often in excess of 100 lbs. with or without an accommodation.