The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (ELPA) seeks a clinical professor to direct the newly established Master of Science degree in Sports Leadership (MSL) program. The online MSL program will develop dynamic leaders in the broad, rapidly growing area of athletics. Key areas for sports leadership include athletic administration, coaching, justice in sport, legal and financial issues, and sports psychology. Graduates will be prepared for leadership positions within sports programs across levels of play, spanning K-12 and youth programs, colleges and universities, and professional teams. The MSL program is unique in that it leverages both the practical and scholarly insights about leadership in athletics, provides an avenue to develop and transmit academic knowledge about sports leadership, and permits students to explore multiple careers associated with sports leadership. The online program will be comprised of 30 credits, which will include nine required courses and one elective course. Working in conjunction with the program's faculty leader and the ELPA department, the MSL's clinical professor will play a key role in planning, coordination, recruitment, instruction, and oversight.
Promote the MSL in and recruit students from schools and communities throughout Wisconsin and beyond;
Teach MSL courses;
Coordinate field site placements with school districts, UW-Athletics, and community sports programs;
Provide ongoing support to MSL students;
Collaborate with ELPA faculty and staff on all major facets of the program;
Advise and serve on student committees;
Serve on department committees;
Participate in shared governance.
Candidates are required to have a terminal degree in education, law, or other related field.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- Extensive experience working in and/or with schools, universities, and/or athletics-focused organizations
- Extensive experience supporting/overseeing graduate student field placements in school/community settings
- Extensive experience coordinating diverse, collaborative groups and partnerships
- Experience teaching graduate-level courses in or closely related to MSL content area
- Experience teaching online
- Fluency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Experience with assessment and evaluation
- Interest in and enthusiasm for sports and education
- Understanding of diverse athletics settings, including community/club settings, interscholastic settings, and Division-1 college settings
- Willingness to collaborate closely with UW-Madison faculty and leaders in athletics settings in Wisconsin and beyond
- Highly organized - including demonstrated excellence in summative report-writing
- Commitment to ELPA's social justice mission and vision
A172300-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/ELPA
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Terminal, 24 month appointment.
(This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding.)
|Anticipated Begin Date:
MAY 01, 2022
ANNUAL (12 months)
|How to Apply:
Please click "apply now" and follow the instructions. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter. You may optionally add up to two (2) additional documents to support your application. Examples include scholarly work or marketing materials. Applicants should provide name and contact information for three (3) references as part of your online application. To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by Monday, January 17, 2022, however, this position will remain open and applications may be considered until this position is filled.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )