ATP is transforming the finance, human resources and research administration support environment across the UW-System, including the selection and implementation of a new Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system (Workday) to support the changes. The activities will include the review and redesign of business processes (including use of shadow and bolt-on IT systems), redesign of the chart of accounts, and integration of efforts with several ongoing University and UW System projects. As part of this effort and in preparation for a new ERP, the University is assembling functional Design Teams in the areas of finance, research administration and human resources. Design Teams will be responsible for proposing standardized future roles and processes, and Core Teams will be responsible for reviewing the output of the Design Teams and making future state finance, research administration and human resources recommendations to the project's leadership.
The Design Team Lead is responsible for the review of business processes and system, campus, divisional and departmental operational needs and design refined business processes for the future state ERP. These future state recommendations will, in turn, be provided to the Functional Lead, Strategy Lead, Project Sponsors and Executive Council for review and subsequent system adoption. The Design Team Lead will coordinate with the System Implementation Partner, Workday team and ATP program teams to develop these recommendations in several areas, including but not limited to: business processes, roles, accountability structures, roles of secondary systems (shadow and bolt-on), and integration of institution and UW System initiatives.
The Design Team Lead will participate in and oversee all business process design activities, work activities, meetings, content development, content review, and review of related critical materials within the identified functional area. This individual may also act as the point of contact between the Design Team and other project groups. The Design Team Lead will have supervisory responsibilities and will report to the Functional Lead.
|About the Job:
Internal Consultant I (AD014)
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
1. Forward-thinking; ability to ground conversation in a vision for the future versus constraints of the current state
2. Minimum 5 years' experience in compensation administration or directly related HR functions, across multiple employee categories, preferably in a university setting
3. Experience on cross-functional teams of diverse individuals
4. In depth knowledge of industry best practices in compensation management and analysis
5. Understanding of compensation related laws and regulations, including Fair Labor Standards Act
6. Experience in analysis, design, and/or implementation of HR business processes
7. Ability to develop Excel models for calculations and analysis using VLOOK-Ups, Pivot Tables, charts, and mail merge
8. Experience in Workday HCM or another ERP system
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Anticipated duration of this position is 3-4 years. End date is dependent upon project completion.
Starting salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
The Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is hiring for multiple vacancies across transformation areas (Finance, Human Resources, Research Administration, and Information Technology). By applying to this position, applicants may be considered for vacancies in all transformation areas. Current job opportunities with ATP can be found here: https://atp.wisconsin.edu/join-the-team/.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A020110-GENERAL SERVICES/A0201/G SERV/ATP
Full Time: 100%
This position will operate in a hybrid format where some work will be performed in-person, onsite, in Madison, WI, and some work will be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus location. Ability for full-time remote work may be possible.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
ANNUAL (12 months)
|How to Apply:
To begin the application process, click the "apply now" button. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your related work experience and professional background to the qualifications and duties in this job description, in particular:
- An example of a time you facilitated a productive change conversation, and if possible an example implementing a change to a Compensation Process.
- Minimum 5 years experience in compensation administration or directly related HR functions, across multiple employee categories, preferably in a university setting
- An example of your experience on a cross-functional (or similar) team, and if possible an example of working on a cross-functional project team (or similar) and/or a cross functional issue.
- In depth knowledge of industry best practices in compensation management and analysis
- Knowledge of compensation related laws and regulations, including Fair Labor Standards Act
- Experience in analysis, design, implementation of HR Business processes
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )