ATP is transforming the finance, human resources, and research administration support environment across the UW-System, including the selection and implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning system (Workday), and research administration software (Huron Research Suite), to support the changes. The activities will include the review and redesign of business processes (including use of shadow and bolt-on IT systems), redesign of the chart of accounts, and integration of efforts with several ongoing University and UW System projects. As part of this effort and in preparation for a new software implementation, the University is assembling functional project teams in the areas of finance, research administration and human resources. This Change Management Specialist will be part of the Human Resources or Finance project team.
This position will be focused on the people side of change with an emphasis on communication and stakeholder engagement support. While reporting to and supporting the Human Resources or Finance project team, this position will also have a strong connection to the ATP Program Change Management team to ensure strategic alignment.
The Change Management Specialist will provide consultation, advice, and expertise to identify change management needs and will develop and execute communications and engagement strategies for the HR or FIN workstream in alignment with the overall program communications and engagement strategy. Duties include:
1. Support HR or FIN workstream outreach and engagement planning, delivery, and analysis. Including stakeholder identification, stakeholder analysis and tracking, supporting engagement presentations and roadshows, workshops and any other in-person and virtual high touch engagement outreach activities
2. Writing for various communication channels to support program goals, including newsletters, web content, and talking points to a wide variety of stakeholders, ranging from ATP internal collaborators to the HR or FIN Strategy Lead
3. Provide input to ATP program communications team and serve as a resource to the Communications Lead for content development, review, and distribution
4. Manage the Stakeholder Information System for the HR or FIN workstream
5. Anticipate and make recommendations for future communications, engagement, and training needs
6. Collaborate with ATP Change Management team to ensure overall alignment of ATP's Change Management strategy
|About the Job:
Outreach Specialist (OE009)
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
1. Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
2. Ability to create effective written communications for diverse audiences
1. Experience supporting communication or change efforts for Finance or HR
2. Experience participating on cross-functional teams of diverse individuals is desired
3. Strong problem-solving skills, along with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making
4. Superior workload balancing, time management, and organizational skills
5. Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and readable manner
6. Experience crafting written communications to diverse stakeholders such as web content, newsletters, presentations, etc.
7. Demonstrated experience crafting and executing a strategic engagement/communication plan to reach a diverse audience.
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
This vacancy is being announced simultaneously with [job number # 250930]; please note that only two vacancies exist. Having two job postings allows the Administrative Transformation Program to consider candidates across a broader range of qualifications.
The Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is hiring for multiple vacancies across transformation areas (Finance, Human Resources, Research Administration, and Information Technology). By applying to this position, applicants may be considered for vacancies in all transformation areas. Current job opportunities with ATP can be found here: https://atp.wisconsin.edu/join-the-team/.
Anticipated duration of this position is 3-4 years. End date is dependent upon project completion.
Starting salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
A020110-GENERAL SERVICES/A0201/G SERV/ATP
Full or Part Time: 50% - 100%
This position will operate in a hybrid format where some work will be performed in-person, onsite, in Madison, WI, and some work will be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus location. Ability for full-time remote work may be possible.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
ANNUAL (12 months)
|How to Apply:
To begin the application process, click the "apply now" button. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your related work experience and professional background to the qualifications and duties in this job description, in particular:
- Your experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Your experience related to the preferred qualifications as applicable
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )