The Department of Residence Life in University Housing is recruiting for Residence Life Coordinator(s) to join our team for Fall 2022! Applications to this position may be considered for current and/or future vacancies.
This position oversees a residence hall community ranging in size from 250-1300 primarily first-year residents. This position plays a key role with students and student staff within the University Residence Hall experience. Residence Life Coordinators collaboratively work with staff, students, campus partners and faculty to build inclusive communities within UW-Madison residence halls
||Coordinates programming and support for residents living in campus housing, responds to emergency situations, may supervise student and/or professional staff, and helps create an inclusive and safe living community.
- 15% Serves as a main point of contact for resident support providing mediation and resolution of personal and facility issues
- 15% Plans, implements, and evaluates student programs and initiatives for residence life
- 20% Receives and responds to crisis and student conduct situations according to established policies and procedures
- 35% May supervise the day-to-day activities of students and/or professional staff and assist with the personnel management allocation plan including hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation
- 15% Supports a divisional program over the summer, which may include Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR), summer conferences, Marketing, Assignments, pre-college programs, etc.
- Live-in position.
- Prepares and maintains unit budget.
- Provides support and assists as needed in the implementation of plans and procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Serves in the on-call rotation for crisis support of undergraduate residents.
- Serves on department, division, and/or university committees as needed.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Master's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience by start date required. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master's degree in Student Affairs, Counseling, Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or a related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experiences:
- 2 years of post-undergraduate Housing, Residence Life, and/or Student Affairs experience
- Full-time or grad live-in Housing experience
- Experience supervising and/or advising students
- Conduct/crisis experience
- Learning community experience
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $47,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
This is a full-time appointment. The starting annual salary is $47,000 or higher based on qualifications and includes a competitive retirement and benefits package including professional development funds.
Primary schedule for this position is daytime business hours, 8:00am - 5:00pm with some evenings and weekends as needed plus on-call duty response. Schedule alterations as operation and position expectations demand.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, live-in, academic staff professional appointment. The minimum starting annual salary is $47,000. Official and/or unofficial degree transcripts are required of all finalists.
For more information the University Housing program at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, please visit our website at: https://www.housing.wisc.edu/
University Housing offers a pet policy for professional Residence Life staff that reside in a residence hall apartment. This policy includes an allowance for cats and dogs, contingent upon adherence to related guidelines and expectations.
A criminal background check will be conducted on finalist(s).
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
University Housing may communicate with you about your application status using a text messaging service. To opt-out please reply "STOP" to text messages received or contact University Housing HR at email@example.com or 608-262-2766. Message and data rates may apply.
|How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter within the online application system.
Please identify three professional references that will be able to speak towards your performance in your current and/or most recent positions. University Housing requires that at least two of the three references be either your current or most recent supervisors. When listing your references to contact, please include the following information:
-Title of their position and relationship to you
Online applications must be received by 11:55pm on the deadline listed. We are unable to consider incomplete application materials. Applications for this position may be considered for future vacancies in this title within University Housing.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )