The Library Technology Support Specialist, a fully on-site position, is a part of the End User Computing team that creates, deploys, manages, and supports technology solutions for the General Library System (GLS) and the UW-Madison Libraries. The specialist provides primary technical escalation and support for the Library Technology Help Desk, which supports access to and use of library-provided services by staff, faculty, students, and researchers at UW-Madison and UW System. The specialist supports Help Desk student workers with triaging and resolving desktop support requests, calls, work tickets, and other inquiries, while creating and augmenting workflows around technology troubleshooting and service delivery across macOS and Windows environments. The specialist provides technical expertise and support for end-user hardware and software selection, deployment, and evaluation.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
||Plans, schedules, and monitors day to day operational, financial, and service delivery activities for a designated information technology service or services and facilitates customer and stakeholder communications to ensure business requirements are met according to customer needs and requests. May participate in the performance management process for unit employees.
- 10% Assists in the development of strategic planning initiatives and unit objectives for information technology services
- 20% Plans and directs the day-to-day operational activities for service development, implementation, and maintenance of assigned services and projects
- 20% Proposes, develops, and implements unit operational policies and procedures to align with unit strategies and objectives
- 30% Serves as the primary liaison to service vendors and stakeholders regarding service updates, offerings, issues, and concerns
- 20% Develops and creates best practice and user documentation for end user technology services for use in remote, hybrid, or in-person work circumstances
- Provides technical escalation support to student workers at the Library Technology Help Desk
- Manages and administers the policies and services that govern Mac support within the GLS, serving as technical liaison to other Library Technology Group (LTG) units
- Develops, deploys, and supports technology solutions within GLS instructional spaces
- Develops standards around hardware offerings for staff and serves as procurement lead for all staff equipment needs
- Supports AV installations, meeting spaces, and hybrid environments within GLS spaces, as well as managing vendor relationships in these areas
- Assists in supervision and training of the Library Technology Help Desk staff
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- Professional work experience in computer operations or technology support (student experience will be considered)
- Experience with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience selecting, deploying, and supporting AV technologies in teaching and learning contexts
- Experience in user training and documentation preparation
- Experience with computer administration and support (macOS and Windows)
- Experience leading teams
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $62,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
The salary for the candidate selected for this position will depend on the qualifications of the candidate. $62,000 will be the minimum offered to the selected candidate.
|How to Apply:
A cover letter and resume will be required. References will be collected from finalist candidates at the time of final interviews.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )