The Academic Affairs department within the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) seeks applicants for an Administrative Assistant position. This position supports the Director of Education Accreditation and Compliance and the programs and processes involved in this work, including schoolwide Building Community and quality improvement initiatives working with other team members in and beyond Academic Affairs. The duties include, but are not limited to, scheduling, preparing and distributing meeting agendas, taking and filing minutes, maintaining databases, preparing reports and presentations including slides and tables, and addressing questions from a diverse group of faculty, staff, and learners across multiple units and programs. Candidates who are experienced in group scheduling, preparing and organizing meetings, drafting high quality reports and documents, have strong Microsoft Word skills, keen attention to detail, and who enjoy working with and assisting others to achieve shared goals and desired outcomes are encouraged to apply.
SMPH is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
||Provides administrative support for a department, group of professionals, or to the manager of a work group consisting of professional staff and subordinate supervisors in support of unit goals, under general supervision
- 15% Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations
- 20% Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, provides basic organizational information via phone, in person and through other communication mediums, and routes more complex inquiries to the appropriate entities
- 15% Collects, analyzes, and prepares various communication materials from established sources utilizing technology mediums
- 25% Sends, receives, copies, and distributes communications to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures under general supervision
- 25% Maintains established methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to established policies and procedures
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- One or more years of experience serving in an administrative support role or related position with similar duties required
- Experience working with complex schedules, scheduling
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work with diverse individuals across units and programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Experience working in higher education, an academic medical environment, or health system
- Education or professional development in areas related to the position
- Attention to detail with ability to help prepare and proofread timely correspondence and reports
-Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
M-F 7:45am - 4:30pm or as determined by supervisor
Full Time: 100%
This position may require some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $19.70 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.
|How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to upload a current resume/CV and a cover letter briefly describing your qualifications relevant to the position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three (3) references, including your current/most recent supervisor during the application process. References will not be contacted without prior notice.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )