The Audiovisual Supervisor is a full-time staff employee directly responsible for the management, operation, training, scheduling, maintenance, installation, troubleshooting of audiovisual (AV) equipment and specialty lighting at the Recreation & Wellbeing (Rec Well) facilities including but not limited to the Nicholas Recreation Center, Bakke Recreation & Wellbeing Center, Nielsen Tennis Stadium, Near West Turf Fields and Near East fields. The position reports to the Associate Director of Operations. The AV department supports internal programming such as fitness classes, tournaments, classes, meeting, as well as external events. This position will supervise one (1) full-time AV Technician, one (1) professional intern, and approximately ten (10) student employees. Primary hours will be Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm, with the understanding that nights and/or weekends will be required.
||Designs, installs, and implements large, highly complex, and non-routine audio-visual (AV) hardware, software, and associated systems. Leads the preparation of rooms, venues, or events with proper AV equipment to ensure proper functionality and security according to client requests and business needs. Develops and schedules operational work plans for AV Technicians and functional area staff to ensure that departmental standards and expectations are realized.
- 20% Sets up, installs, upgrades, configures, troubleshoots, adjusts, and connects complex audio, visual, lighting, computer equipment, and peripherals in various environments for events, academic instruction, or meetings according to established requirements and requests
- 15% Assists with the development and scheduling of operational work plans for performance checks and lights adjustments
- 5% Schedules logistics and secures resources for new installations of audio-visual equipment
- 20% Tests, maintains, and provides recommendations for alternative hardware and software options to ensure proper functionality, security requirements, and business needs are met
- 15% Provides consultation and answers questions regarding AV equipment and functionality to individuals and groups based on set materials and standards
- 10% Guides the daily activities of an information technology staff by assigning work, evaluating performance, and developing documentation
- 5% Resolves or escalates personnel issues, makes recommendations on applicants after assessing the qualifications of potential new hires, and makes recommendations on the selection of applicants
- 5% Serves as the initial supervisor point of contact on escalated customer services requests or production issues, either resolving or escalating the requests or issues
- 5% Prepares and distributes reports on assigned unit's performance, recommending adjustments to operational procedures to improve the effectiveness of programs and services
- Provide leadership and management of the AV systems, specialty lighting technology and operations for Rec Well indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Responsible for the supervision, motivation, and mentorship of one (1) full-time AV Technician, one (1) professional intern, and approximately ten (10) student employees.
- Work with vendors on equipment upgrades and installations for AV technology as well as vendors that require networking for equipment in the Rec Well facilities.
- Develop, maintain, and create a replacement plan for equipment and inventory
- Provide leadership on equipment, software, technology and staffing requirements for streaming and broadcasting Rec Well programming indoors and outdoors including assistance on how to create and train staff on these services.
- Consult, set-up and operate AV systems for events as needed.
- Ensure all systems related to Life and Safety Services are functional including audio systems directly interfacing with facility fire alarm system and public safety announce station.
- Develop and monitor the annual operating budget and capital replacement budget for the AV Department.
- Attend Divisional Staff meetings and trainings.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences as approved to keep abreast of current trends and issues.
- Pursue and maintain all necessary certifications related to job responsibilities.
- Serve on department, division, or university committees as requested.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
-Three or more years experience in commercial AV system hardware and software operation and maintenance.
-Experience supervising part time staff preferred
-Physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, lift to shoulder height, and carry weights of 25 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 50 lbs. occasionally with or without accommodation.
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Normal schedule is 7:45am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Full Time: 100%
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $28.85 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
|How to Apply:
To apply for this position, you will need to upload a cover letter and a resume. You will also be asked to provide three professional references.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )