University Research Park (URP), a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, manages a portfolio that includes 1.2 million square feet of UW-Madison and technology oriented lab/office space, 18 ground leases, a community television tower and other assets. This position will play a key role as URP continues to grow in continuing our legacy of excellent financial management. The position reports to URP's Chief Financial Officer and will work with URP's entire tight-knit team.
||Performs complex accounting duties, prepares financial and statistical reports, delivers training to others, develops and/or manages complex budgets, and develops and documents controls for accounting systems to ensure the accurate recording and reporting of the business unit's financial transactions. May lead and be a resource for others in their department/unit.
- 5% Leads and executes the development, organization, preparation, and updating of complex financial statements, journals, accounts, ledgers, and reports for various financial needs within an automated financial system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions
- 15% Prepares and analyzes financial reports, data and records, identifies discrepancies, investigates, and recommends solutions as needed
- 5% Monitors automated financial systems, develops, and documents controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- 40% Performs complex accounting and auditing reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, and reports
- 10% Answers questions and provides accounting related information to internal and external stakeholders according to established policies and procedures
- 5% Facilitates trainings and provides financial guidance to management and staff
- 5% Develops and maintains policies and financial reporting procedures related to the newly adopted Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting-for-Leases-Under-ASC-842. Leads the implementation effort and ensures successful adoption
- 5% Monitors accounting cycle and workflows and supports transaction processing to meet closing deadlines for monthly and year-end reporting
- 5% Assists with preparation and review of the CAM, real estate tax, utility, insurance, and other miscellaneous reconciliations
- 5% Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules.
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or a related role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Demonstrated ability to apply GAAP standards in a business setting.
- Proficiency in Excel and ability to create complex spreadsheets. Able to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work duties, and demonstrate effective time management to meet deadlines.
- Real estate experience is desirable.
CPA - Certified Public Accountant
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, competitively priced health/dental/vision/life insurance, tax-advantaged savings accounts, and participation in the nationally recognized Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) pension fund. For a summary of benefits, please see https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/fasl.pdf
|How to Apply:
Please click the "Apply Now" button above to create (or update) a UW-Madison Jobs profile. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience and skills as they relate to the listed qualifications for this position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )