To understand our world and the universe, the Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) develops, deploys and supports instrumentation and software systems for research purposes across the world and beyond! SSEC's history of developing a diverse set of instruments ranges from the first weather satellite, to aircraft instruments monitoring the atmosphere, and to ground based atmospheric observing instrumentation. The challenge of operating research systems, in these environments, requires a broad set of disciplines and skills from the team of people involved. This dynamic environment requires us to learn about new scientific advances, systems and technologies on a regular basis. SSEC's mission supports faculty and academic staff led research with development, fabrication, and implementation of experiments and new scientific research tools for national and international use.
This position is located in the Business Services - Purchasing operational unit.
The successful candidate will support SSEC's mission by overseeing all purchasing for the center, and supervising travel and inventory staff and student hourly employees. The position will interface with a wide variety of internal and external customers to ensure accuracy within the purchasing and billing systems. The ideal candidate will be a customer service and detail oriented person.
The position responsibilities require the ability to function independently, requires excellent organization, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access expertise is required. The position will provide guidance and training on fiscal policies to approximately 200 faculty, staff and students to ensure compliance with University, Sponsor, and State or Federal regulations.
This position will also provide back-up to other Business Office personnel as necessary
||Procurement Specialist I (FN024)
Procurement Specialist II (FN025)
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
1. At least one year of experience with the procurement of services and supplies, preferably with UW-Madison.
2. Understanding of State of Wisconsin Procurement regulations and laws, or comparable experience working in a procurement environment where adherence to defined organizational rules and standards are required.
3. Experience utilizing computer applications such as Microsoft Suite products, Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP), database, or procurement systems.
4. Knowledge of common procurement contracting clause language, ability to read and interpret contract documents.
5. Understand and perform purchasing related functional skills using an electronic database oriented purchasing system.
6. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
7. Effective and disciplined time management skills.
8. Provide exceptional customer service by working effectively with others and establishing high quality, helpful working relationships.
Full Time: 100%
This position may require some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location. The arrangement will be reviewed on an annual basis.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Salary will commensurate with advanced degree or substantial experience.
Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurances and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
|How to Apply:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button. Please upload your resume and cover letter outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.