The University of Wisconsin System is transforming the administrative infrastructure within the University system at its 13 campuses. The overall transformation is a people, process, policy, and technology initiative which will include business process standardization, optimization, and redesign in the areas of finance, human resources, and research administration (Huron Research Suite 9.2), and will include cloud-based implementation of Workday ERP and Huron Research Solution to support the changes. The overall objective of the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is to right-size the administrative complexity to advance the missions of education, research, and outreach.
As part of this effort, the ATP is hiring an Administrative Specialist to facilitate program operations. The Administrative Specialist will report to ATP Operations Liaison. ATP Operations is a small, service-focused team which focuses on ATP's functionality so that the program team at large, can focus on the transformative work. This role will be responsible for some HR functions and serve as back up to other members of the Operations team.
||Responsible for a variety of professional level work across a variety of administrative service areas including budget, finance, procurement, and human resources with impact across the institution in support of unit or institutional goals.
- 25% Implements and executes established policies and procedures for a designated work unit to adhere to unit objectives and to align with established strategies
- 20% Schedules logistics and secures resources for a designated work unit to contribute to the day-to-day operational success
- 15% Analyzes data and trends, compiles progress reports, and provides appropriate recommendations or conclusions in support of the assigned operational work unit(s)
- 15% Assists, recommends, and advises staff on unit or program administrative issues, personnel matters, and budgetary problems
- 5% Serves on committees and attends meetings, representing the interests of the unit or program
- 10% Schedules logistics and secures resources for recruitment processes, onboarding activities, payroll functions, and/or other HR related activities
- 10% Audits and tracks compliance for various HR functions such as performance evaluations, onboarding, off boarding, criminal background checks, and credentialing
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
-minimum 2 years administrative experience with a focus on onboarding/offboarding tasks
-Strong MS Office skills
- demonstrated good judgement, organizational skills, attention to detail, and management of multiple competing priorities.
-flexible, customer-service mindset with excellent communication skills (or and written)
-excellent interpersonal skills with ability to use tact, courtesy, and discretion in interacting with peers, leadership, campus partners and others
- flexibility and resourcefulness to work independently and in a team environment.
-Commitment to fostering and promoting the values of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
-ability to understand and comply with a variety of policies (e.g., university and divisional)
-Experience using various virtual conferencing tools like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx
-Experience using a variety of cloud services and shared files
- HR Administrative experience in recruitment
-Knowledge of human resources principles, practices and procedures
-Previous experience working with UW-Madison HR and UW-System HR strongly desired
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Occasional remote work opportunities may be discussed after successful completion of probationary period.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $65,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Anticipated duration of this position is till July 2024. End date is dependent upon project completion.
The Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) is hiring for multiple vacancies across transformation areas (Finance, Human Resources, Research Administration, and Information Technology). By applying to this position, applicants may be considered for vacancies in all transformation areas. Current job opportunities with ATP can be found here: https://atp.wisconsin.edu/join-the-team/.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
|How to Apply:
To begin the application process, click the "apply now" button. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your related experiences and background.
The deadline for assuring full consideration is January 3, 2023, however, this position will remain open and applications may be considered until this position is filled.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.