The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an Administrative Manager to develop and maintain department infrastructure to support initiatives to meet the evolving needs and priorities of the clinical enterprise. This position will take direction from the Associate Department Administrator of Clinical Operations and will work closely with departmental and UW Health leadership in clinical operations.
Work will include clinical operations reporting, trending and benchmarking, collaboration with coding, support of clinical FTE database, and projects related to creation and communication of effective processes and workflows in clinical areas. Highly successful candidates will emphasize professionalism, continuous process improvement, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
SMPH is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
||Manages a program and/or programmatic activities. Initiates, develops, and implements operational services that support a defined project, program, work unit, or function to advance program goals and objectives. May supervise staff and/or approve unit expenditures.
- 20% Plans, implements, executes, and evaluates existing strategies and objectives for a program and makes recommendations to unit leadership for program or function enhancement
- 20% Identifies workflow needs, contributes to the development of strategic and operational solutions, allocates resources, and implements new or revised unit operational policies and procedures
- 15% Schedules logistics and secures resources for program activities across multiple work units to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures, and specifications
- 15% Leads the development and preparation of periodic reports and financial statements, and records progress, status, or other special reports for leadership or external agencies
- 5% May assist in the development and monitoring of the unit or program budget and approve unit expenditures
- 5% Contributes to the preparation of proposals for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors
- 20% Develops and maintains databases, recurring reporting or dashboards to support clinical operations, clinical FTE and productivity evaluation and analysis of coding practices and benchmarking
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other database/reporting systems
- Coursework and/or experience with project management and/or project management software
- Experience within a clinical operations environment
- Experience in UW Health Qlik View, Qlik Sense, and Health Link reporting
Full Time: 100%
This position may require some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications. Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurances and savings accounts; retirement benefits. Benefits information can be found at (https://hr.wisc.edu/benefits/)
This position has been identified as a position that will be located in or regularly access UW Health locations. This position will need to adhere to UW Health policies and affiliated requirements. UW Health requires that anyone (all staff, faculty students, volunteers, and other affiliated individuals) working in or regularly accessing UW Health locations receive the COVID-19 primary vaccination series and first booster. This position will be required to adhere to that policy and if not in full compliance to have a plan for achieving full compliance within 40 days of the first day of employment. Additionally, you may be required to adhere to other vaccination requirements. Medical or religious accommodations will be considered.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.
|How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter as a part of the application process. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum/preferred qualifications for the position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.