This position will be under the general supervision of the UW Police Department's Financial Manager and be responsible for auditing, budget planning, procurement, financial analysis, reporting, and all aspects of financial functions while ensuring compliance with University policies and State and Federal regulations.
||Performs advanced accounting duties following generally accepted accounting principles and procedures. Prepares and reviews financial reports and assists with budgeting. Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of the business unit's financial transactions.
- 15% Organizes, prepares, and updates financial statements, monthly and year-end journal entries, accounts, ledgers, and reports for various financial needs within an automated financial system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions
- 15% Prepares and analyzes financial data, reports and records, identifies discrepancies, investigates, recommends, and implements solutions as needed
- 10% Develops and maintains automated financial systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- 10% Assists with accounting and reviewing reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, and reports
- 10% Provides and prepares budgets and projections based on existing data and established policies and procedures
- 10% Answers questions and provides accounting related information to internal and external stakeholders according to established policies and procedures
- 10% Prepares and/or approves financial transactions and payments
- 5% Required to work special events, emergencies, and/or special assignments as designated by the
- 5% Assist with Division bi-weekly payroll processing and other payroll related duties.
- 5% Coordinates travel for employees and assists with scheduling logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations
- 5% Serves as a Division purchasing agent and enters purchase orders and supplier information into financial system of record in compliance with established standards and with appropriate segregation of duties
|Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
-Minimum of 2 years of financial or accounting experience required.
-Experience working with complex automated systems and processes preferred.
-Must have strong organizational and written communication skills.
-Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including developing and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel and accounting applications.
-Ability to apply established accounting principles and interpret a wide range of agency, state, federal and donor rules, regulations and expense allowances in the maintenance, reconciliation and analysis of accounts.
-Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage, and coordinate multiple complex projects, and strong attention to detail.
-Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
|Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $58,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department (UWPD) is committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding a highly qualified and diverse workforce by supporting competitive and equitable compensation practices through a job framework, salary structure and clear and flexible salary administrative guidelines.
Previous experience may be considered for pay above the minimum posted.
Due to the nature of the position and the fact the person hired is an employee of a police department, persons in this position must pass the initial application screening, all steps of the hiring process, an extensive background investigation including credit history check, reference checks, drug screen, physical and psychological examination prior to beginning employment.
|How to Apply:
Please click on the "Apply Now " button to start the application process. As part of the application process you will be required to upload your cover letter and resume in to the Talent Recruitment and Engagement Management System during the application process.
In your cover letter & resume, please address the following:
* Describe your experience in handling multiple tasks or projects with multiple deadlines.
* Describe your experience and/or knowledge working in Finance, Budgeting, and Accounting.
* In your work history, please briefly describe roles and duties in each position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.